Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Audio Edit

So the audio edit has begun and there is the most delightful task ahead which involves finding all the dialogue spoken and sinking up the "real" audio with the video. I have set myself quite the impossible task (from a first look) of 15 minutes a day, so in theory I should have completed it (at least roughly) by Sunday.

I have found it very interesting that the brain will perceive any similar dialogue spoken to be similar to the mouth movements of the real line, I’m not sure I wrote that in the most coherent way possible, however in short it is possible to use the dialogue of various takes and layer it on the top of the video edit without it looking odd, which helps on some occasions.

I have also realised just how useful the clapper board really is. Although it is possible with us (due to having a bad camera sound as a guide) to operate when a clapper board is not in use, the sharp "clap" or frame that peaks in the audio wave in order to show the start of a new take can be extremely helpful when in reality one is operating "blind".

So yes, 0-15 mins yesterday, 15-30mins today (hopefully) and in similar sequence until the end of the film.

No comments: