Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SFX Design

Hey everyone,
I thought it was time to say hello again. Very little has been happening in the Art Dept. lately! I have been on other projects, and Karl (Supervising Art Director) has been in Whales, and buying a house in London.

Design wise: There is not much happening. I am getting very exited about one scene where Eleanor sees everyone in masks. It is a very surreal moment, and i have been thinking about it for a while. I spoke with Bert, and told him my idea about getting all the actors in, and making "Death Masks" of them. A death mask is a plaster or wax cast made of a person's face following death

In the scene I wanted to suggest Eleanor is seeing everyone dead. Her vision of her fears being realised.

And thanks to the very lovely and talented Michaela Bott, who will be our very own SFX make-up person, we will be able to do this. She has agreed to help us and create this strange order.

I have included a quick design, but to be honest, we will have to see the amazing pieces delivered by Michaela when they are ready.

Anyway, keep well, and of course, anyone out there interested in the art department, please get in touch.

Keep Well,

Gary
Production Designer

No comments: