Wednesday, December 06, 2006

At Home with the Colonists:

Hello all you happy people,

Gary Production Designer here...

Well, The art dept. Has finally come to the end of the line on the production, and I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved...
A lot of people helped out with making Roanoke look as good as it did. And ofcourse a big thank you to the big kahoona, Bert for everything.

We had the last few days of shoot recently, with some fantastic results. We shot a very memorable dining scene where our cardboard box table laterally collapsed from the weigh of the food... Well, it was only cardboard!

We also had a few interesting props creep up, like my home-made paintbrush, carved from the best wood, and never made it on screen... But never mind... Not to mention more fantastic rum mixtures, which consisted of diet orange squash, cola and water(this was one of many variations which included cold tea, coffee, fruit juice and watered down cola). Poor Andy had to (try to) drink this wonderful stuff.

I am really looking forward to seeing the final piece now, as I am sure it is going to be mind blowing!

I am sure photos will be available on here soon, I will endeavor to add as many of my own... But they never look as good as Angelas!

Anyway all, got to go now... Watchin' my all time inspiration film, Pirates of the Caribbean again.

No comments: